Friday, August 11, 2006

Well...

it is amazing what some Albumin and Blood can do for a girl...lol...Miss Rani is almost completely back to her happy self again. At least we are getting smiles..she is still very tired but smiling and that is what is important to us.

She had an Albumin tranfusion Wednesday, a Blood transfusion Thursday and another Albumin transfusion today. So obviously lacking these essential things really throws her system out and makes her grumpy...lol

Well she is now a massive 9.82kg and has had the calories taken down in her TPN as everyone agrees that she is now putting on the weight way to quickly...so she has kind of been put on a diet..lol. I still can't believe that in the 4 months we have been in the Hospital she has practically doubled in weight.

Well the countdown continues a tiny 14 days until Rani is 1...our wish is still that she gets a liver before her 1st birthday.

Did you see 7 News on Thursday..they had a report about the upcoming Transplant Games in Geelong this year and also a push for Organ Donation as only 80 people have donated their organs this year. So if you are not a registered donor make sure you register.

My little baby broke my heart tonight. My sister came in and when I said 'bye bye' she burst into this really heartfelt cry with tears and all. For anyone that knows Rani usually when she cries there are no tears and to hear the cry and see the tears broke my heart. I felt so bad I had to sneak out of the room while my sister played with her.

Well Josh has just come home from the school disco..Teagan went earlier and when hers finished Joshua's started. So off to see how his night was.

4 comments:

Deb said...

Wow Mel - 4 months in Hospital. I admire you.

I wanterd to let you know too, that I am an organ donor, and have been registered for many years.

Take care
Hugs
TD xoxox

DenimAngel said...

Organ donor here too Mel. One day I'll get round to donating blood too when I'm not pregnant or breastfeeding. Would you believe none of my six babies are the same blood type as their Mummy?
Glad to hear Rani is smiling, I'm sure it means the world.
Love Susan

Robyn said...

Same here Mel..but I have also been told it is important to have a legal statement as families can intervene even if you are registered!
So glad to hear about the smiles...sorry about the crying though!

Chrissy said...

I'm hoping with all my heart that she has it before that magical first b'day too Mel!!

Hope the kids had fun at their school disco, ours was last night and they were so tired they slept in til 9am this morning LOL only problem was Alex had a soccer game an hour later!! Looking forward to an early night tonight me thinks! ;-)

Hug your bubba for me sweetie!
Love always Chrissy xx