Friday, July 28, 2006

She's Back

Princess Rani is back in 5W in her own room where she belongs...well she belongs at home but her second home is 5W.

She is much better in spirits today...Mum even got a smile and a giggle from her and she spoke to me on the phone which of course had me in tears. Well maybe not spoke...lol. She loves the phone and reaches out for it when you are using it...we put it to her ear and she is so cute the way she holds it...she gets so excited and does her pelvic thrusts and smiles at who ever is in the room but only breathes down the line...pretty boring when you are on the other end...but today she actually made a couple of sounds in relation to what I was saying...it was, well to me very exciting...lol

The Nurses at ICU said see you soon as she was leaving, saying that we would probably get the call in the next couple of days...believe me we wouldn't mind...then I could handle her being in ICU.

9 comments:

Peta.. said...

Fingers crossed Mel..
I'll be checking in over the next couple of days, well, i do everyday anyhow..
So here's hoping you do get the call in the next day or 2...
Good luck & best wishes..xx

Robyn said...

Oh Mel it has been such a rooer coaster for you all, especially Rani. It is wonderful news to hear that she is back in her real ward! 11 months! Boy already! Big kisses for your big girl and taling on the phone too! LOL I bet she sounded precious.

Bev said...

I am so glad to hear Rani was in better spirits today,,,she was probably glad to be back in her own ward...

Chrissy said...

I so pray that the nurses are right and it's only a couple days more for Rani, for you, for your whole family!!

God bless sweetie!
Love Chrissy xx

L said...

A move back to the ward. Great! But also a giggle? AND a phone call? What a positive day!

She is one great kid! Talk about tough!

Best regards, Lynne

Anonymous said...

Great to read your happy news tonight Mel! I hope the next time that Princess Rani is in ICU is for the transplant!
Cheers
Anna

Anonymous said...

Do you mean get the call for a transplant? I will have everything crossed for you.

Miss H said...

Oh Mel a great day for you all :) I really do hope that you guys are in ICU soon for all the right reasons!!

Hugs Sal :)

Chris Millar said...

Fingers and toes crossed at our house for Rani as well! Thinking of you always.