Rani is being moved to ICU.
Thankfully it is not for a bleed....but they are concerned about her breathing and think that it is safer for her to be in ICU rather than on the ward.
It may be for only 24 hours but her Specialist has clinic today so we are waiting to hear more from him this afternoon. ICU is better for Rani as the Nurses are able to do things straight away as there is always a Doctor in ICU whereas the Ward Nurses have to page a Doctor and wait for them to respond to be told what to do or get authority to do what they had sugested.
So I will update when I know more.
We do not know how long she will be staying in ICU but things seem to have settled a little. It may be temporary as she had a blood transfussion today. But her temp which was sitting at 38.6 has come down to 37.1...she doesn't seem to be labouring as much to breathe...but the Specialist from the Austin Hospital also looked at her today and said that if she gets much worse she won't be able to have any of my liver.
She is as explained to us 'sitting on a fine line' and she can go any way...good or bad. But her liver is failing more and more everyday so the only answer to getting her better is a new liver.
I have a meeting with the Transplant Co-ordinator tomorrow to discuss the good, the bad and the ugly about being a live donor and then next Monday I start all my tests.
So I have spoken to my sister in London forgot the time difference and spoke to her at 7am her time...I guess it could have been worse.
Had the lovely Chris pop in this morning with some flowers to cheer me up for a quick visit...lol...only a couple more hours than she thought...lol
and now my brother is visiting Rani..so we will see what tomorrow brings.